Our TTC (trying to concieve) journey began around January 14th. We just decided to start trying!
February rolled around and my cycle that month was the longest cycle I probably ever had (over 55 days) which encompassed March as well. I tested this month thinking wow this would be great if it happened this quickly, but the tests were all BFN (big fat negatives). I even had a HCG blood test too, that confirmed it as negative.
I finally started another cycle and another and another. Each month I felt different "symptoms", but nothing.
Around the third cycle ttc I started using the Clear Plan Easy Fertility Monitor and that first month it showed a couple low fertility days then all the rest were high days, no LH surge. Then the next month I got a surge, I was so excited. That showed that I was ovulating. I have since learned my ovulation signs.
Along the way I started taking a Prenatal vitamin and Folic acid. Then I had added in some supplements, like Vitex, Evening Primrose oil, Vitamin B6, baby Aspirin, progesterone cream (I am sure there were one or two other).
I also began doing BBT (Basal Body Temperature) each morning before getting out of bed and recording that and the results of the fertility monitor on Fertilityfriend.com. I felt like I was always testing something and charting, etc...
So starting 2 cycles ago I decided I'd take a break from that and just relax as best I could and enjoy our time together and our ttc journey. I stopped taking the supplements too due to the fact that each day when I took them, that was all I cold think about...ttc.
I found a great product along the way, Fertell. It is a couples fertility test you do at home. I did an FSH test on cycle day 3 and all looked well. Josh tried his test, but it was faulty so the company quickly sent another. He still needs to complete his test.
I was getting obsessed with ttc. I still think about it a lot, but have come to realize that obsessing about it (it's so hard not too)will not help.
I believe in good time, when God feels it is time, our miracle will be created.
Now, while the months move by, we have talked about things as a couple, about how we want to raise a child, names etc... We cleaned out our spare bedroom to be a nursery someday. We have accumulated some baby things and they sit waiting in the "nursery". Some people say they think that having a room ready or baby stuff will jinx it. I don't believe that. This is what gets me through the waiting. I have already decided the room will have a ducky/farm animal theme. When we first started ttc I bought a little Carter's ducky outfit that says "I love my mommy" I have that outfit set aside waiting for the day the our little one will come home in it. I just have to believe it will happen.
We have done our share of worrying and what ifs, but we have decided together, that one way or the other we will be parents.
It has been 8 months, but about 6 actual cycles of ttc. So I researched OB/GYNs in the NH area instead of the Boston area and have found a few. I don't think anything will be done without a year of trying and even then I'm not sure about our insurance. So I am giving it a few more months and keep praying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment