I have always wanted to adopt at least one of our children someday. Well, after ttc now without luck, why not start now.
We have made our decision to start our family through adoption. I have contacted all the local agencies, gotten their info and reviewed it all. At first I was feeling discouraged based on a few things like cost, $35-$40,00o, some of the agencies wanted BMI, a health form stating we have average life expectancies (I was worried due to having diabetes), married at least 2 years and one needed proof of infertility. Well, I was discouraged till I got the last packet. It states an average cost of $22,000, wants ht and wt on PE form, but not BMI, can be in a relationship for 2 yrs, health clearance from DR (I asked a sw on the phone about having diabetes, she said that I just need a DR to say I am healthy and managing my diabetes) and I just liked the feel of this agency. So I called for an application and read it over right away when I received it, starting filling it all out and now we just need to both sign everything and notarize some forms, get our PE's and send it all back in. We need to attend 10 evening learning sessions (I believe they are on the 4th Mon of each mos). Then we start the home study process which consists of about 5 interviews (one being in our home as a home review). After our CORI and I think fingerprint stuff comes in and all is reviewed we await approval. Once approved we are then in our "paper pregnancy" and await a match and ultimately placement.
Please, please pray with us that this process goes smoothly and quickly.
I already feel a feeling of relief and excitement. Yes, I am very nervous about it all, but at the same time happy to be able to free myself from all these emotions around ttc and finally give my body and mind a break.
It is in your hands GOD and we believe!
Hoping with all our hearts and praying with all that we are that we will be parents through adoption.
GOD Bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment