Monday, June 29, 2009

Word that Birth Father is contesting adoption

We got a call from Joel's Birth Mother on Thursday night and she informed us that Joel's Bfather showed up at the agency and wants custody of Joel. OMG! We were heart broken and just keep praying and asking anyone who is willing to pray too. We can't loose Joel and he can't loose us as his Mommy and Daddy!
I don't want to get into details/specifics about the case, but we have a lawyer and the court date is still set for the am of 7-15, we pray Bfather doesn't show. If he does, he'll need to take a paternity test, then we'll go from there.
I'll update on the situation when we know more.
We are trying to remain positive and keep on enjoying our little man!

I really can't believe we ended up in a contested adoption...

No comments: