Thursday, December 27, 2007

First round of Clomid

Okay, I finished taking my first round of Clomid (took cd 5- cd 9). Can say that I have yet to have any s/e from it. When taking it I may have had 2 or 3 very quick and mild hot flashes. I may at times be a little more moody, but DH has said that he doesn't notice any changes. I for the most part felt really good, almost relaxed the 5 days that I took it.
I am currently on cd 16 and fm is reading high, temps still low, not much to report. Just waiting to ovulate. We have been with either bding everyday or every other day since cd 5...don't want to miss any days as I am not sure when I will ovulate this cycle.
I spoke to the nurse this am and she said that my cd 3 and cd 10 blood work showed that I was responding to the Clomid. I am due to get cd 21 blood work done on 1-1-08. I really hope that I ovulate soon. Today is 7 days since last Clomid and I have read it typically is around 7-9 days after you take the last Clomid, but I have also read of women still ovulating late. Oh, I pray I ovulate any day now and that my prog blood draw is a positive number and that the Clomid either did the trick or is helping. We are praying so hard XOXOXO!!
I found out this past wknd (when we went to VT to celebrate Christmas with DH family) that his sister had 2 miscarriages after her daughter was born very early and passed away. They tried for 2 years to have their youngest son. I also just found out one of my friends is pregnant (due in June) and that she went through 1 year of fertility treatments. Guess you never know just how many women need intervention.
On another note, Christmas was awesome! I got a chance to share a lot with DH family and bond more with them. His Mom made a point to say she thinks all got closer (or something like that) this past visit. I talked and talked, all about my Diabetes and to his sister and sister in-law about ttc. We had a nice visit there and a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day too :O) I love every minute with my hubby.
I can't even imagine us having a little one to share all our family time and holidays with, it will be amazing! I am so ready for that.
Please wish us luck this cycle.

No comments: