We were all together this weekend at Dh brother's house. Saturday evening we celebrated our youngest nephews 2nd birthday and on Sunday we celebrated our 2 MA nephews summer b-days.
So, on Saturday eve. We were all in the kitchen eating cake and ice cream and my mother in law asks us "any good news" she asks us this whenever she sees us(she and my father in law were the only ones on DH's side of the family that know of our plan to adopt)so I look at her like I can't believe you are asking us this and say "nope", she says "sure there is", DH and I look at each other and say "no", then DH says "we aren't expecting if that is what you mean" and from there, I can't recall who said it, DH, my mother in law or myself, but it was announced that we are adopting. I was shocked at the reaction, there was cheering and we got congratulated by everyone. I was so touched that I almost cried. They were all asking us questions and I could barely talk :O) I never would have thought that they would be so happy for us, very happily surprising.
I have read in my adoption books that just because I am not physically carrying a baby, we are expecting a baby and that we shouldn't miss out on special traditions, like announcing the expected baby or a shower, etc... And they gave me the feeling as if I had just told them that I was pregnant and I can't thank them enough for that moment...I will always remember it fondly. So thank you to Helen, my Mother in law for our special announcement and special moment. I can't wait till the day I can introduce our little one to our entire family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment