Monday, August 25, 2008

Feelings about our hopes of adoption

I remember sitting and writing a little letter early on when we first started ttc. I prayed I would have the opportunity to one day read my letter to the little baby we'd create. So now I choose to write a different little letter for the little blessing we pray to make our own one day through adoption.

I believe you are out there...I just know...you will be meant for us. We dream and pray for you, we can't wait to become your mommy and daddy. As I lay down to sleep at night I feel you, I don't know where in the world you are or where in the process of being created you are, but I feel you...I know you are my baby. I pray each night for the Lord to lead us together and for you to know how wanted you are and how loved you will be. I already have you growing in my heart and can not wait for the day that we meet you and we make you our own, our magnificent little blessing.

I have gotten so many things for you. I know you don't need most of them, but each and everything I get for you makes me feel you are or will be real. I imagine you dressed in each adorable outfit or wrapped up warmly in all the cozy blankets, wearing each little hat, socks and bibs, spitting up on each little burp cloth, using each little diaper and wipe, caring for your delicate skin with ointments, lotions and washes, massaging you with baby lavender oil massage gel, bathing you in your little tub and wrapping you securely in your little hooded towels, hugging, loving and kissing you, reading you all the many, many books I have already needed to get, feeding you your little bottles, rocking you, offering you your soothing pacifier and watching you sleep in your bassinet in your swaddle me's or later in your crib decorated with ducks and farm animals, you laying on your back looking up at me with love and trust tucked in your warm sleep sack and drifting off to sleep under your mobile and by the peaceful sounds, lights and music of your aquarium crib toy, all the while knowing and feeling just how very much loved you are! Being with you during the night when you cry out in hunger or in need. Only to wake each morning greeted by mommy's smile and loving embrace to start the day anew and enjoy every single minute with you, my sweet baby.

So, when the time is right and we are meant to meet, we will. Patience we must have as GOD has a plan for us and we can not alter that plan for we need to be strong, hopeful, patient and believe. Then we will begin dreaming together of a wonderful life as a family...oneday.

I can't wait to say "finally"!

No comments: