Friday, August 29, 2008

Some cleaning tips I want to remember

For stains (baby poop, etc...) Keep a small bucket in laundry room with water, add a good amt. of OxyClean and soak over night.

Spray cleaner:
In spray bottle combine 2T white vinegar & 2T Borax. Dissolve. Fill bottle with hot water. Add 2T liquid dish soap & 29 drops of essential oil.

Learning that Biz works well too.

FYI: Mom came across our Christening gown the other day and I would love to use it for our baby one day. It has some yellow stains around the neck and the white is kind of dingy looking. So I was researching ways to clean it.

So far I got, fill a flat plastic storage container with warm water and soak the gown in it with Biz (I think 1/2C) or OxyClean over night or longer and rinse.

I also read you could lather it with a regular bar of Ivory soap, may need to repeat a few times.

Dissolve Biz and Clorox II in hot water, then add enough cold water to cover the clothing item (about 1/2C of each to 1 - 1 1/2 gallons of water. Let is soak for several days.

Or Clorox Oxygen Action, warm water and a sprinkle of laundry soap and soak for about 15 mins.

Spray on diluted peroxide, also great for blood stains. Let it sit a bit, rinse and repeat to clean.

Reading a lot about "bluing" for whites.

No comments: