Saturday, December 6, 2008

Grammy 's in the hospital

Dec 5th:

I just wanted to ask for some prayers for my Grammy. My parents took her to the ER tonight. She has cellulitis, some trouble breathing and a really high bp. They admitted her and will be running lots of test. She was in this time last year too and got her pacemaker put in. Josh and I are off to my company Christmas party now. I will update tomorrow when I know more. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Dec 6th:

The Dr says it doesn't look good :o( It appears she had a heart attack at some point recently (yesterday??) they are putting her in ICU to try and regulate her heart (not exactly sure what is going on with it at this time) they also discovered a mass in her lung and think it is cancer (not sure what treatments would be done as she is 87 years old). I am so sad to know that we are due to up and leave at anytime to be all the way across the US for who knows how long and I don't want to miss time with her or worse, not be here at the end. I told my parents the other day, I can't wait to see Grammy hold our baby. I just pray to God that she recuperates from this and holds on till we return so we can be with her and she can meet our baby. Please pray for her. She stayed over our house last weekend and helped us put up the tree and she was doing great (has been really healthy other then needing the pace maker last year). It is so hard to deal with this now. I do know she has lived a great, long life, but please God just let her meet her Great Grandchild. When she found out about this baby, she said this will be the best Christmas ever, who would have known.
Thanks for all the prayers!

Thank you for your prayers...they mean so much to us.
We visited with her this morning and she is very tired (not like her at all) she has a lot going on, very suddenly. We have found out that she has a large mass in her lungs, that is cancer and is also unable to keep anything down and her stomach is distended all of a sudden so they suspect that she also has cancer in her abdomen or stomach. She is have trouble breathing and is on O2 and her heart is still not stabilized. She is such a sweetly naive person and doesn't see the extent of all of this, she thinks she'll be going home in 3 or 4 days... She refers to this as a problem that needs to be fixed and we are thinking they won't be able to do much because of her age and heart problems. In a way I am glad that she is naive and always looks on the bright side of things. I believe that is what has kept her going all through life, the loss of my Grandpa, etc...
Please continue to pray for her. Thank you!

No comments: