Sunday, November 30, 2008

Great talk with J

Both Josh and I spoke with J last night. It was a great call! J seemed more friendly and open right off the bat and then Josh jumped in and she opened up some more. She said she had thought of a day for us to come...December 19th (she had mentioned this to me before).
She talked of how the agency told her she has 3 days till she can sign and that the baby would have to stay in the hospital an extra day, or in a foster home for a day or with her. I asked her what she thought of that, she said she couldn't take the baby because she didn't have anything for it (or something like that). We found out she has a new boyfriend who supports her and she'd like to return to school and work with animals. We also discussed the open adoption relationship we all hope to have. It was just a really good (relieving) conversation. The way she spoke makes us believe all over again that she has chosen us. I feel she has set her mind to this decision and she has decided she is not keeping this baby. I feel so relieved.
I was able to walk into the nursery again this morning and breath a sigh of relief.

Josh and I are so excited!

There is like 20 days until we may be meeting her...maybe less :o)

God Bless!

No comments: